Mike grew up in Rocky Mount, NC where he graduated high school from Northern Nash Senior High in 1997. He immediately went on to attend East Carolina University where he studied business. In April of 2000 he opened his own business focused on marketing area organizations and small businesses to the local market through specialty advertising media. Mike continues to own the firm; … however he spends his time focused on using his extensive marketing experience in the real estate industry.
Mike strives to gain new knowledge of upcoming market trends & marketing practices while also putting his 12 years of experience to work for his clients. He continues to learn about real estate by electing to spend his free time traveling the state taking advanced real estate courses and earning multiple designations. In his first year of practice, Mike was only one of 25 individuals in North Carolina to earn the National Association of Realtors GREEN designation. Since then spent an immense amount of his personal time traveling around the state and country attending classes and sessions in order to gain knowledge and designations from the National association of REALTORS. Thus far Mike has earned the his GRI, ABR, SRES, SFR, BPRO, GREEN, e-PRO, and NINJA real estate designations. Each one of these designation and certifications allows Mike to grow his knowledge of real estate and real estate related topics such as changes in state and federal real estate, construction techniques, investment property practices, negotiating strategies, customer service skills, and marketing and media forms. This also allows him to increase his network of industry contacts thus providing him with a qualified database of active and professional agents in NC that might be able to assist you with a purchase in another area of the state or country. Whether you want to purchase a home in his market or any other part of the country, Mike can assist you in finding a qualified and reliable Realtor with the expertise and experience you expect!
In 2013 Mike left the firm he began his career with and ventured out on his own. The Slocum Group represents the skill and diligence Mike has always provided his clients. At The Slocum Group we strive to give our clients and customers more than they expect to get!
REAL VALUE. REAL SERVICE. REAL ESTATE!
Michael E. Slocum
- 2010 – Member North Carolina Association of REALTORS
- 2010 – Member National Association of REALTORS
- 2010 – Member Greenville – Pitt Area REALTORS
- 2011 – NAR GREEN Designation Recipient
- 2011 – NAR Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES) Designation Recipient
- 2012 – NAR Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR) Designation Recipient
- 2012 – Greenville – Pitt Area REALTORS – Education Committe Member
- 2012 – Million Dollar Sale Transaction – Commercial Office Building
- 2012 – NAR Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI) – (Charlotte, NC)
- 2012 – NAR e-Pro Certification Recipient
- 2013 – NAR Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource(SFR) Certification Recipient
- 2013 – NAR Broker Price Opinion (BPOR) Certification Recipient
- 2013 – NC Real Estate Commission Broker In Charge Designation Received (Raleigh)
- 2013 – NINJA Sales Installation Graduate (Denver, Colorado)
- 2013 – NCREC Granted Firm License – The Slocum Group
- 2013 – NCAR Expo & Conference Volunteer/Attendee (Asheville, NC)
- 2013 – National Association of REALTORS Expo & Conference (San Fransisco, CA)
- 2013 – Greenville – Pitt Area REALTORS – Multiple Listings Service(MLS) Committee Member
- 2014 – NCAR Leadership Academy – Selected Participant
Please review the Working With Real Estate Agents Brochure provided by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission